Admissions Registered Nurse
The Admissions RN has administrative and clinical responsibility for screening referrals and assessing appropriateness of admissions to the Respite Program. Responsibilities include ensuring that all referrals are responded to in a timely and professional manner and that admissions are planned and coordinated with the appropriate administrative and clinical staff. Reports directly to the evening RN Manager.
- Coordinates the admission of patients to the Respite Program (Barbara McInnis House),Monday through Friday from 11:00am – 7:30pm
- Screens admission referrals, Monday through Friday from 11:00am – 7:30pm.
- Works collaboratively with BHCHP staff to facilitate the screening and admission process.
- Greets patients, initiates a brief history and an assessment. Documents this encounter in the patient’s medical record.
- Provides patient orientation to the Respite programs
- Works closely with Benefits Coordinator regarding all Managed Care referrals and admissions
- Transports the patient to the appropriate floor and introduces the patient to the Team Nurse and Provider
- Problem solves with the RN evening manager regarding alternatives for those patients who do not meet criteria for admission to the Respite programs.
- Reports to the Evening RN manger beginning at 4:00pm by participating in the evening report
- Uses the electronic medical record to inquire about pertinent information related to referrals
- Attends and participates in meetings as requested by the evening RN manager.
- Computer skills, including e-mail, word processing, work scheduling systems; EMR
- Strong organizational skills
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed to meet program needs, at the discretion of the Director of Nursing and the evening RN Supervisor.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts RN license
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years nursing experience preferred
- Previous hospital experience preferred
- Demonstrated interest in working with an underserved population
- CPR Certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of issues.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff and patients.
- Teamwork Competencies:
- Displays concern and initiative.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Willingness to help out in any situation
- Observes and supports BHCHP policy.
- Cooperates and maintains good rapport with nursing staff, medical staff, other departments, and visitors.
- Ability to learn and adapt.
Physical Requirements .
- Ability to lift 5 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Ability to respond to emergency /crisis situations
- Ability to sit, stand, bend and stoop for periods of time
- Ability to climb stairs
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (strongly preferred). State the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Include your cover letter in the body of the email. Attach your resume in Word format; do not use file-sharing documents such as Google docs. If you are unable to email, please fax documents to (857) 654-1095 or mail them to BHCHP - HR, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118