Director of Barbara McInnis House
The Barbara McInnis House (BMH) is a 104 bed inpatient respite unit and a cornerstone of the care provided by Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program (BHCHP) to individuals experiencing homelessness in greater Boston. The Director of the Barbara McInnis House is responsible for the leadership, oversight, management and development of this nationally recognized model program providing short-term medical respite care to medically ill homeless adults of the Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program (BHCHP). The Director of the Barbara McInnis House will have administrative oversight of all clinical and non-clinical services provided at the Barbara McInnis House including, but not limited to Nursing
Some Essential Duties:
- Works collaboratively with the medical respite multidisciplinary team to oversee and develop medical respite program goals, the annual plan and budget process and oversees the development and implementation of new clinical and grant programs.
- Evaluates the Barbara McInnis House program goals and objectives to ensure that the Barbara McInnis House and its programs meet the needs of its patients.
- Establishes objective performance standards and protocols for all services provided by the Barbara McInnis House and evaluates performance to ensure the provision of high quality health care.
- Responsible for the hiring and administrative direction and supervision of the Director of Nursing, Supervisor of Case Management , Manager of Food Services and the Manager of Clinical Support Services.
- Responsible for the integration and smooth operation of non-clinical support services such as medical records, transportation and respite floor administration and that these services support clinical services in the fulfillment of our mission and the care of our patients.
- Collaborates with nursing, medicine and case management in milieu management and in the overall safety of the Barbara McInnis House.
- Ensures that the Barbara McInnis House 24/7 oversight is well managed and that off-shift supervisors are supported.
- Oversees off-shift administrative oversight of the building and collaborates with Facilities and Security in ensuring that the Barbara M. McInnis House is appropriately supported and that all systems are running smoothly.
- In times of emergency demonstrates leadership by being present in the building, sharing this responsibility with other senior program directors and team leaders.
- Fosters positive two-way communication within the Barbara McInnis House as well as with other community partners, including hospitals, shelters, detox programs’ administration and schedules and facilitates regular communication and interactions with key stakeholders in regularly scheduled meetings in upholding the mission of the program and ensuring access.
- Assures compliance with all government, contract, licensing and regulatory requirements for health care services and that patient care policies and procedures meet quality assurance standards of practice.
- In collaboration with other key BHCHP departments, establishes reporting and tracking systems to meet requirements for funding and reimbursement.
- Coordinates data management, analysis and research.
Coordinates and oversees the integration of the medical respite program into the BHCHP Continuum of Care and within other health care systems such as Accountable Care Organizations and other significant partnerships.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Policy, Health Care Administration or health related field, required
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience as a program director/senior manager, including oversight of clinical operations
- Background in community health preferred
- Bilingual English ~ Spanish, preferred
To apply for this position please forward your resume to the BHCHP’s Human Resources department. Our preferred method of submission is through email to email@example.com with a subject of Director BMH. One may also apply by mail to Human Resources, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, or by fax to (857) 654-1095.
An Equal Opportunity Employer