Director of Family Team
A clinical (RN, LICSW, FNP, PA) professional with both administrative and clinical responsibilities for the daily operation of the family team, the Family Team Director is responsible for the leadership and ongoing development of a model program providing innovative and high quality medical services to homeless families, women and pregnant women. Family Team services are provided by a multidisciplinary staff in a variety of shelters and scattered site housing, soup kitchens and day centers, domestic violence shelters and transitional programs. The Team is part of an integrated health care program, and the Team’s services include primary care for children and adults, acute care, behavioral health, substance use disorder treatment, family planning, nutrition, and case management services including referrals to community resources and benefits assistance.
- Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to develop program goals, and oversee the development and implementation of new clinical and grant programs.
- Fosters positive two-way communication within the team as well as with other programs, administration and external agencies.
- Provides regular supervision and support to all members of the Family Team in individual and group sessions, and schedules and facilitates regular staff meetings.
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with providers of services to homeless persons at shelters and other sites where the team provides services, and advocates on behalf of patients and staff with regulatory and other external agencies.
- Participates as a member of the management team in the planning, development and integration of programs and services, which address the health needs of homeless men, women and children. Ensures the coordination of Family team services with all programs and services of Boston Health Care of the Homeless Program. Works with team members to create the Family Team Annual Plan.
- Assures compliance with all government, contract, licensing and regulatory requirements for health care services and that patient care policies and procedures meet quality assurance standards of practice. Establishes reporting and tracking systems to meet requirements for funding and reimbursement.
- Regularly visits outreach sites in order to develop systems and infrastructure at these locations that best meet the needs of homeless families.
- Provides clinical services to homeless families and maintains a caseload of patients.
- Participates in program-wide planning or problem-solving committees/forums as required.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- License to practice in Massachusetts required
- Graduate of an accredited clinical program required; RN, LICSW, FNP, PA
- Minimum of (3) years of progressively responsible leadership experience with demonstrated management ability preferred
- Experience in ambulatory care strongly preferred
- Experience working with clients with medical, mental health and substance use issues
If you are interested in this position please forward your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources department. Our preferred method of submission is through email to email@example.com with a subject of Director of Family Team. One may also apply by mail to Human Resources, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, or by fax to (857) 654‐1095.
An Equal Opportunity Employer