Medical Assistant/Patient Benefits Coordinator
This position assists clinicians and nurses with various patient related functions such as taking vital signs and assisting with patient exams. Other responsibilities include stocking clinic, setting up clinic rooms. In the administrative area the MA/PBC gathers patient information for registration, schedules appointments, prepares medical records, and files. The MA/PBC will also be responsible for patient appointment confirmation as well as enrolling BHCHP patients into health care plans.
- Accurately collecting patient data (e.g. vital signs, weights and reason for visits)
- Notifying the supervising RN of abnormalities
- Entering data and information into the applicable database in a timely manner
- Performing basic patient testing, including, but not limited to, tests for guaiac, urine dip, and glucose finger-stick; collecting, labeling, and sending specimens to the lab with appropriate requisitions
- Assisting nurse/provider during complex treatments/procedures, including but not limited to, doing preps and set-ups for examinations/treatments
- Checking inventories regularly, ordering and stocking clinic supplies
- Scheduling appointments
- Other clerical support as needed.
- Must be Certified Medical Assistant
- Work requires one to two years of education beyond high school or an equivalent combination of work experience and high school education/GED.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Basic Computer knowledge
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact appropriately with nursing staff, patients, physicians and others.
- Interest in women’s health issues preferred
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to the BHCHP’s Human Resources department. Our preferred method of submission is through email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject of WM MA. One may also apply by mail to Human Resources, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, or by fax to (857) 654-1095.
An Equal Opportunity Employer