Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
This position will provide comprehensive, high quality primary, episodic and/or recuperative care at our busiest primary care clinic. We are excited to be able to expand our hours to improve access for our patients to both primary care and walk-in services.
Location: 780 Albany Street Boston, MA 02118
***Flexible day/evening shifts available from 8:30 am – 5:00pm, 3:00pm - 11:30pm, including 3, 11 hour shifts. Evening shifts are eligible for a differential.
- Elicit an appropriate history, perform physical examinations, order diagnostic studies, interpret results and initiate therapy in accordance with Program guidelines.
- Refer patients as appropriate to medical specialists, hospital admission, recuperative care and detox facilities, providing appropriate information for continuity of care.
- Track patients through follow-up visits and labs.
- Participate in collaborative relationship with BHCHP physicians according to the Regulations of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Provide on-call coverage with other BHCHP clinicians to ensure 24 hour availability and to provide on-site holiday coverage at the respite facilities.
- Provide education to patients on health promotion and disease treatment and prevention.
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary team in caring for patients.
- Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Registered or eligible to be registered with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Federal Drug Enforcement Agency
- Bilingual preferred - English and Spanish
- Experience in working with underserved populations, mentally ill, homeless and/or persons with substance abuse problems preferred.
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume and cover letter to the BHCHP’s Human Resources department. Our preferred method of submission is through email to email@example.com with a subject of NP/PA FT. One may also apply by mail to Human Resources, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, or by fax to (857) 654-1095.