Patient Benefits Coordinator - Finance
This position will be responsible for appointment scheduling, patient registration during the registration and/or admission process and to provide patient benefits assistance. The position is crucial to the accurate registration review of patient’s insurance eligibility and insurance pre-authorizations, authorizations and other mandated documentation. This position will provide front desk coverage at the Barbara McInnis House (BMH) and at various shelter sites throughout the city. Some evening work will be involved.
- Utilize the CPS system to register new patients, make appointments and check in patients in clinic settings.
- Accurately complete and appropriately process medical applications, including MassHealth for patients at various BHCHP program sites.
- Work closely with the Manager of Patient Intake & Benefits Enrollment to implement processes and procedures for enrolling and maintaining patients in the appropriate medical and cash benefits programs.
- Cover for other Benefits and clinic front-desk staff as needed.
- Review insurance eligibility on all patients presenting for scheduled appointments, on a walk in basis (clinic) or upon admission (BMH) in order to provider patient benefits assistance and process required documentation in a timely manner.
- Enter all insurance and demographic information into the CPS system and any other systems as needed by the program in an accurate and timely manner.
- Timely and accurate completion of MassHealth, HSN and any other applications for patients who require them.
- Update benefits information in the registration records in CPS so that each patient’s information is accurate and up to date.
- Handle benefit enrollment at outreach sites on an as needed basis and cover front desk functions at other outreach sites on an as needed basis.
Experience and Education:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or have attained the requisite skills from prior work experience (1-2 years in a patient benefits or health insurance support capacity).
- 2 years experience in a clinical environment preferred
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and be able to work positively with a wide range of people.
- Strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of health insurance and entitlement benefits programs.
- Ability to work independently
- Bi-lingual preferred
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to the BHCHP’s Human Resources department. Our preferred method of submission is through email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject of PBC Finance. One may also apply by mail to Human Resources, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, or by fax to (857) 654-1095.