Registered Nurse - Days
Location: 780 Albany St Boston, MA 02118
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership around the daily nursing support for McInnis House patients. This position is crucial to assure that clinically appropriate and timely decisions are made and actions are taken around patient assessments, administering of medications, treatments and overall patient care.
Direct Nursing Care:
- Direct nursing care of patients on assigned team to ensure that all needs of the patients are met, in conformance with respite established policies and procedures, as well as Department of Health rules and regulations.
- Responsible for accurate assessments and documentation, reporting to appropriate personnel as indicated (i.e., on-call provider, nurse manager, Director of Nursing, etc.)
- Responsible for administering medications and treatments to all the patients assigned to his/her Team skillfully and correctly, documenting per policy. Observe and report any adverse reactions.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining accurate treatment records, flow sheets and vaccine administration, documenting appropriately
- Participate actively in New Patients Rounds, Team Rounds, and all other Team meetings when appropriate
- Responsible for giving and receiving report at change of shift;
- Responsible for checking narcotics and related drug supplies per policy; sign appropriate forms.
- Responsible for taking off orders accurately, per policy.
- Responsible for giving and receiving report to/ from the Team Provider
- Responsible for assigning specific individual tasks to, and directing Respite Aides, and giving each a verbal report on patients’ needs.
- Maintains a professional approach with confidentiality.
- Maintains the standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting. Ensuring that the clinical record for each patient on his/her Team is current and accurate.
Education and Training:
- Educate patients according to their needs, using nursing knowledge and skills, in such areas as Diabetes,TB, HIV, and medications to promote their physical and mental well being.
- Participate in orientation and in-service training for personnel, student nurses and other health professions as indicated
- Prepare patients for admission, transfers, visits to treatment or diagnostic services, or discharge. Assure documentation is completed and incorporated into the progress notes, in compliance with the facility policy.
- Based on the needs of the unit, may be required to be available for off shifts and weekends on a rotating basis,
- Is prompt and efficient with minimal absences.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with referrals/admissions/orientation of new patients to the facility.
- Participate in granting passes and administrating warnings to patients, using discretion and good judgment, following Respite Pass and Warnings Policy.
- Support and attend mandatory in-service education programs as per facility protocol.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed to meet program needs, at the discretion of the Nurse Manager or Director of Nursing.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts RN license
- Minimum of 2 years nursing experience preferred
- Experience with underserved population preferable
- Displays concern and initiative.
- Observes and supports program policy.
- Cooperates and maintains good rapport with nursing staff, medical staff, other departments, and visitors.
- Ability to learn and adapt.
- Able to lift 20 pounds on a regular basis
- Able to lift 50 pounds occasionally
- Able to travel to different sites
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to climb stairs
- Able to bend and stoop
- Demonstrated interest in working with an undeserved population
If you are interested in this position please forward your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources department. Our preferred method of submission is through email to email@example.com with a subject of RN Days. One may also apply by mail to Human Resources, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, or by fax to (857) 654‐1095.
An Equal Opportunity Employer