Registered Nurse Educator
The purpose of this position is to provide nursing/clinical professional development and education support to the nursing and clinical staff at the Barbara McInnis House This position is crucial to the ongoing staff development and updating of nursing/clinical policies and procedures to assure appropriate standards of care. The clinical nurse educator will also assist in developing staff trainings and orientation programs for the nursing and respite aide staff. In addition, the Clinical Nurse Educator will perform some quality assurance, teaching, research, or other projects that require RN assistance.
- Establishes policies and protocols that address the changing medical needs of our patients
- Plans and conducts a variety of in-service and continuing educational programs for clinical staff.
- Provides 1:1 and small group hands on training as need arises.
- In conjunction with the McInnis house DON coordinates the assessment of clinical skills of all staff on all shifts identifying strengths and areas of improvement
- In conjunction with BHCHP DON,BMH DON/ADON and nurse managers identifies problem areas of practice and works on developing training sessions for clinical staff throughout the program
- Acts as a resource for the Admissions RN team
- Attends and participates in appropriate meetings
- Meets regularly with supervisor to review nursing needs, plans, systems issues, ideas, etc.
- Continuously updates own clinical knowledge and maintains continuing education requirements
- Conducts competency based orientation for nursing, co-op students and respite aides at The Barbara McInnis House and also for BHCHP RN’s
- Facilitates orientation for new staff at appropriate levels
- Coordinates and monitors Fall Prevention Program
- Assist with special projects as specified by the BHCHP Director of Nursing/ The Barbara McInnis House Director of Nursing McInnis House Director of Nursing
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed to meet program needs, at the discretion of BHCHP Director of Nursing/ The Barbara McInnis House Director of Nursing
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts RN license,
- BSN required, Masters in Nursing preferred (MSN)
- Minimum of 5 years of nursing experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Experience with underserved population preferable
- Flexibility in scheduling, with rotation to occasional evening and night shifts and weekends
- Enthusiastic , positive attitude, demonstrated sustained initiative and ability to motivate others
- Ability to function independently as a member of a team
- Previous Clinical Nurse Educator experience preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift 5 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Ability to respond to emergency /crisis situations
- Ability to sit, stand, bend and stoop for periods of time
- Ability to climb stairs
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (strongly preferred). State the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Include your cover letter in the body of the email. Attach your resume in Word format; do not use file-sharing documents such as Google docs. If you are unable to email, please fax documents to (857) 654-1095 or mail them to BHCHP - HR, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118