Registered Nurse Supervisor – Outpatient Clinic
Location: 780 Albany Street Boston, MA 02118
The nurse works as part of a collaborative team under a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Model, to provide nursing care to an underserved population. This collaboration includes daily communications and complex decision-making around both social and medical needs for our homeless patients. Communication occurs frequently with members of the care team, which includes Case Management, Medical Assistant, Front Desk Staff, Phlebotomy and Provider disciplines. This position provides all nursing related activities in association with primary care and clinical operations including direct care and nursing case management activities, immunization and screening. This position also allows for administrative and clinical responsibilities for the evening operation of the BMC clinic. Responsibilities include supervising and evaluating the delivery of patient care within established regulatory guidelines and professional practice standards.
- Acts as a resource nurse for nurses and medical assistants on the evening shift.
- Oversees and monitors operations, including direct care and nursing activities.
- Serves as a consultant on clinical matters related to area of expertise.
- Attends daily team huddles when occurring during shift, clinic staff meetings and team break- out sessions as appropriate.
- Participates in ongoing clinical quality improvement endeavors.
- Participates in identification of, and care planning for, high risk/enhanced care patients.
- Provides education to patients regarding PCMH.
- Provides all nursing related activities in association with primary care/urgent care clinical operations at BHCHP primary clinic settings: including direct care and nursing care management activities, immunization and screenings.
- Provides triage and nursing assessment of walk-in and scheduled patients.
- Assists in procedures for clinical operations.
- Provides quality monitoring as directed through record keeping and patient health indicator analysis.
- Facilitates prescription refills.
- Assists in provider access to primary and episodic care to patients from outreach sites.
- Provides access and patient care with BHCHP nurse liaisons.
- Assists in furthering the education of medical assistants and nursing students as appropriate.
- Care of patients in observation area.
- Additional duties as required.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts RN license.
- Previous experience in community health center or primary care experience.
- Strong medical/surgical assessment skills.
- Interest in public health, primary and preventive nursing/medicine.
- Interest in working with underserved populations.
- Understanding of substance abuse and mental health issues.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com (strongly preferred). State the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Include your cover letter in the body of the email. Attach your resume in Word format, do not use file-sharing documents such as Google docs. If you are unable to email, please fax documents to (857) 654-1095 or mail them to BHCHP - HR, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118