The John Hancock Non-Profit Marathon Program has generously awarded Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program (BHCHP) with non-qualified runner entries for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Each April, thousands of accomplished runners descend upon Boston to participate in the legendary Boston Marathon, one of the most prestigious and renowned road racing events across the globe. BHCHP is thrilled to have this opportunity for the sixth year and we are looking for committed runners who are dedicated to furthering BHCHP’s mission. The benefits of participating include:
- An exciting opportunity to join an enthusiastic team committed to improving the lives and health of Boston's homeless men, women and children,
- A membership to the L Street Running Club, which has a marathon training program and group runs led by seasoned runners,
- Fundraising tips and strategies,
- Inspiring team-building events, such as a Team Kickoff event, Pep Rally and motivational events,
- A personal on-line fundraising page to track progress and receive sponsorships.
Accept the challenge.
Make 2016 your year.
Let our patients’ stories inspire you.
Join Team BHCHP for an unforgettable experience.
If you do not have a marathon number for the 2016 Boston Marathon and are interested in running as a member of Team BHCHP, we encourage you to apply for a charity bib. Runners who receive a BHCHP charity marathon number will have a minimum fundraising goal of $7,500. Please keep in mind that BHCHP only has a limited number of bibs available.
All pages of the application must be completed and postmarked by Friday, November 6, 2015. The application form has been formatted so that it may be filled out electronically, but handwritten signatures are required. Applications are accepted in hard copy format, emailed if signed and scanned, or via fax.
Please note, this is a highly competitive process. Please fill out the entire application fully and carefully.
Send a hard copy of the signed and completed application to:
Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
Attn: Alyssa Brassil,
Manager of Special Events & Annual Fund Planning
780 Albany Street
Boston, MA 02118
Questions? Contact Alyssa Brassil at firstname.lastname@example.org